If you are interested in taking part, please contact us on 01372 384467 or use the Contact Form

Finance & Benefits


A list of charities and services which provide information and offer support, guidance and signposting for anything relating to personal finances, benefits and pensions (also see Housing & Transport)

Advanced Learning Loans & Bursary Fund

Help with the costs of college for people aged 24 (eligible level 34 courses only).

The loan must be paid back once the course is finished and earning a minimum salary of £21,000. Loan eligibility is not dependant on income.


Army Benevolent Fund – The Soldiers’ Charity

Provides financial assistance to all soldiers, veterans and their families for:

Bursaries and practical support

Care home fees

Debt relief

Education bursaries

Financial grants for care in the home


Mobility assistance

Respite breaks


Army Dependents Trust

For a small annual donation, the Trust provides financial grants to dependants of servicemen and servicewomen who die in service from whatever cause.


Armed Forces Compensation Scheme

The Service Personnel and Veterans Agency (SPVA) manages the scheme.

It provides compensation for the Armed Forces for injuries, ill-health and deaths that are attributable or worsened through serving.


Benefits Advice Line/Advice UK

Contact details for organisations which give benefits advice.


Citizens Advice

Provides information on benefits & your entitlements from housing to mobility & tax credits to those employed, unemployed, sick or disabled.


Entitled To

A calculator to help you work out your entitlement to benefits & tax credits.


GOV.UK – Benefits

The following provide information on benefits, housing, driving restrictions (DVLA), mobility assistance and devices, and work for adults with additional special needs including:

Disabled Facilities Grant

Council Tax Reduction

Rent and Mortgage Support


Lady Grover

The Fund is a society which provides financial assistance for medical, home and domestic help expenses incurred by dependants of officers, whether serving or retired, widows or widowers of officers and divorced wives or husbands.


Money Force

Money Force is supported by the MoD and Royal British Legion and offers advice for service personnel and their families on a range of topics.


Officers Association

The Officers Association support transition from services to civilian life for those who have held a commission in HM Armed Services, and their dependents.


Our Local Heroes

Our Local Heroes provide grants for people who have served in the armed forces and now suffering from either physical disability due to injury and, or mental health issues.


Poppy Scotland

Supports veterans & their dependents in Scotland on  issues such as:

Financial assistance

Pensions advice

Employment of veterans with disabilities in the Edinbugh-based Lady Haig’s Poppy Factory.


RAF Benevolent Fund

The Fund offers Royal Air Force personnel and their families a wide range of practical, financial and emotional support to those injured in conflict.


Royal British Legion

It provides financial, social and emotional support to members, veterans and families of the British Armed Forces.


Royal Navy Benevolent Fund (RNBF)

Offers help, including grants and advice for serving and ex-serving members of the Royal Navy and Royal Marines and their families, including those who are separated or divorced and now living with a new partner.




Turn2us is a national charity that helps people in financial hardship gain access to welfare benefits, charitable grants and support services.


Veterans UK: The Service Personnel & Veterans Agency

Veterans UK is part of MOD and administers the armed forces pension schemes and compensation payments for those injured or bereaved through service.


War Pensions Mobility Supplement (WPMS) – Gov.UK

WPMS provide financial support to veterans who are seriously injured as a result of their service.