Message to ADVANCE participants regarding COVID-19:
The ADVANCE study is now able to see participants once again. We’ve made some changes to the ADVANCE study day to ensure safety for you and our staff. As part of the appointment process, we recommend:
- If possible, please bring a mask. If you do not have one, please make the recruitment team aware and we will make one available to you for your visit.
- If possible, please drive your own vehicle to Stanford Hall. If you must come via public transport, please take every opportunity to wash your hands, wear a mask and keep safe.
- Please socially distance during your visit wherever possible. Tape is clearly marked on floors in some clinic areas for your convenience.
- Please confirm with a member of the recruitment team about any cold/flu-like symptoms that you have had in the last 4 weeks, or if you have been in contact with someone who had covid-19. If you have had symptoms, we may need to delay your appointment. We will contact you 24 hours before your appointment to confirm that you have no symptoms.
Please see below for a rundown of some of the major changes occurring:
- A maximum of two participants can be seen per day.
- Contact between staff and participants will be at a minimum.
- Contact between participants will be at a minimum.
- Respiratory tests have been temporarily suspended.
Despite these changes, we hope that you find your day with us at ADVANCE interesting and informing. If you have any questions about these changes or about your safety during your visit, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ADVANCE team