The ADVANCE Study Charity was set up in late 2018 and entered on the Register of Charities in March 2019 (registered charity number: 1182395).
The Charity helps raise funds for the ADVANCE Study and advises the ADVANCE Study Project Board on the direction of the Study.
The main objectives of the Charity are:
- to promote the education of the public, patients and healthcare specialists in relation to all aspects of medical and psychosocial outcomes of British casualties suffering combat and severe trauma
- to share information and skills among different medical disciplines that see these type of conditions and related disorders to enhance research, diagnosis and treatment of combat and severe trauma
- to help and support and plan the best care possible for present and future generations of our injured servicemen and women
The current members of the ADVANCE Charity Board of Trustees are:
- Admiral of the Fleet the Lord Michael Boyce KG GCB OBE DL (Chair of Trustees)
- Mr David Henson
- Dr Emily Mayhew
- Professor Sir Anthony Newman Taylor
- Mr Robert Robson OBE (Treasurer)
- Professor Sir Simon Wessely
- Air Commodore Rich Withnall QHS
Any queries about the ADVANCE Study Charity can be directed to Dr Maija Maskuniitty (email@example.com).